Richie Rich (musician)


Richie Rich (born Richard Serrel) is a rapper from Oakland, California. It had some success with the song "Let's Ride", and appeared in a version of "I Got 5 On It" of The Luniz. It was one of the first influences of rapper Snoop Dogg, in the vocal style (both rapean relaxed, dragging the words) and in the name of their groups, since Snoop declared that 213 (of Snoop, Nate Dogg and Warren G) was inspired by the group of Richie, called 415 for being the local prefix of Oakland. In Snoop's own statement: "The reason I formed 213 is because Richie Rich had a group called 415. I was a lover of his style and voice, and I incorporated it into my style when I started rapping."

He is also known for his work with his friend Tupac Shakur, with whom he used to collaborate in the mid-1990s.

Discography Studio albums Group albums Compilations

wiki

Popular Posts