Federico I de Vaudémont
Frederick I of Vaudémont, (1368 - 25 October 1415 at the Battle of Azincourt), brother of Duke Charles II of Lorraine, was adviser to King Charles VI of France. He was lord of Rumigny, Martigny, Aubenton and Boves, and by marriage Count of Vaudémont and Lord of Joinville between 1392 and 1415. Biography
He was the son of Duke John I of Lorraine, and Sofia of Württemberg. Federico V is sometimes numbered for continuity with the Dukes of Lorraine. First there were conversations for a wedding with Bona de Bar, daughter of Count Robert I of Bar from 1379, but it failed in 1392. It married in 1393 with Margarita de Joinville (1354 † 1418), daughter of the count Enrique V de Vaudémont , Monsieur de Joinville, and Marie de Luxembourg. They had the following children:
In 1400 Federico fought with his older brother Duke Charles II of Lorraine against the bishop of Toul. He joined the Burgundians against the Duchy of Orléans.
He made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land from April to November 1409, then on his return, he became an adviser to King Charles VI of France.
Federico died on October 25, 1415 at the Battle of Azincourt.
wiki