Judith de Bretaña


Judith of Brittany also called Judith of Rennes (982-1017) Duchess of Normandy since c. 1000 until his death. Biography

Judith, born in 982, was the daughter of Duke Conan I of Brittany and Ermengarda Gerberga of Anjou. She was the mother of Robert I of Normandy and the paternal grandmother of William I the Conqueror.

She was part of an important double marriage alliance between Normandy and Brittany first recorded by William of Jumièges. In 996 her brother Godfrey I of Brittany married Havoise of Normandy, daughter of Richard I, Duke of Normandy, while c.1000 Judith was married to Duke Richard II of Normandy, the brother of Havoise. Duchess Judith died on August 28, 1017 and was buried in the abbey of Bernay, which she had founded in 1013. > Offspring

Between 996 and 1000 he married Richard II of Normandy, and had the following children:

wiki

Popular Posts