Maria of Naples


Mary of Naples (1290 - 1350), Princess of Naples, Queen Consort of Mallorca and Countess Consort of Roussillon and Sardinia (1311-1324).

Daughter of King Charles II of Naples and Sicily and his wife Maria Árpád of Hungary. She was granddaughter by paternal line of the Duke Carlos I of Anjou and the countess Beatriz I of Provence, and by maternal line of Esteban V of Hungary and Isabel the Cumana. She was sister of the kings Carlos I of Hungary and Roberto I of Naples.

He married on September 20, 1304 in Palma de Mallorca with the infant and future King Sancho I of Mallorca. From this marriage was born no son, reason why the crown of Majorca happened in the hands of Jaime III of Mallorca. In 1326 he married Jaime de Jérica. It is unknown if they had children.



wiki

Popular Posts