Iasmakh-Adad


Iasmakh-Adad I is the son of Shamshi-Adad I, king of Assyria and heir to the throne of this. History

Iasmakh-Adad I was placed as king of the city of Mari by his father, and reigned in that city from 1798 to 1780 a. His father put him at the head of the city of Mari, since this was a key point in front of the enemy city of Aleppo.At the death of his father, his brother Ishme-Dagan reigned on the Assyrian throne while Iasmakh "Adad I remained regent on the throne of Mari. With the death of Šamši-Adad I, the enemy cities of Assyria, Ešnunna and Aleppo ended by subjecting an already in a declining kingdom. From Aleppo came Zimri-Lim, who conquered the city of Mari, and restored the kingdom of his ancestors. Iasmakh-Adad I had to flee from Mari and its final is unknown. Bibliography

wiki

Popular Posts